Renaming and revision of tasks and organizational structure of the Forest Sector Support Program Coordination Office
THE MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
· Pursuant to the Decree 86/ 2003/ ND – CP, dated 18 July 2003, by the Government regulating functions, tasks, authorities and organizational structure of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD);
· Pursuant to the Decree 131/ 2006/ND-CP, dated 9 September 2006, by the Government issuing the Regulations on management and utilization of Overseas Development Assistance (ODA) sources;
· Pursuant to the Decree 58/ 2001/ ND – CP, dated 24 August 2001, by the Government on management and utilization of the stamp.
· Pursuant to the Memorandum of Agreement for the Forest Sector Support Program and Partnership signed on 12 November 2001 between MARD Leadership and 19 representatives of the donor community, and the meeting minutes of the Partnership Steering Committee in 12 – 14 June, 2006.
· On the basis of decisions issued by the MARD Minister on the establishment of Forest Sector Support Program and Partnership; establishment of the Forest Sector Support Program Coordination Office; allocation of tasks on receipt, management and operations of the Trust Fund for Forests (TFF) to the Forest Sector Support Program Coordination Office;
· At the proposal of Directors of the Forestry Department, International Cooperation Department, and Personnel and Organization Department.
Article 1. Renaming the Forest Sector Support Program Coordination Office to be the Forest Sector Support Partnership Coordination Office under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to assist the Partnership Steering Committee in administrative formalities, implementation arrangements, monitoring and inspection of MARD Forest Sector Support Program.
The business name of the Forest Sector Support Partnership Coordination Office is the Forest Sector Support Partnership Coordination Office (called shortly as FSSP CO).
FSSP CO shall have its own stamp and a bank account at the Vietnam Bank of Foreign Trade (Vietcombank). The financial source for FSSP CO operations is the FSSP CO Trust Fund contributed to by the Government of Vietnam and international partners.
FSSP CO has its office in Hanoi.
Article 2. Tasks of the FSSP CO.
1. Secretariat and focal agency for the Partnership and its institutions:
a) Serve as the Secretariat to Partnership institutions, the Partnership Steering Committee (PSC) and the Technical/ Executive Committee (TEC);
b) Prepare and organize Partnership meetings, draft meeting minutes, and keep the voting results;
c) Develop the annual work plan and budget for the Partnership and FSSP CO; and
d) Coordinate activities of Annual Review Missions or special studies assigned by the Partnership.
2. Communication, information and networking development:
a) Establish, update and develop information systems serving for exchange and dissemination of information on Partnership activities to various Vietnamese and international institutions, including maintenance of the Partnership website and periodic newsletters.
b) Support operations of the forest sector monitoring and information systems; and
c) Collaborate with other Partnerships under MARD, including the International Support Group (ISG), in establishing, maintaining and developing the Partnership information system.
3. Coordination tasks:
a) Cooperate with the International Cooperation Department to support regional networks, provinces, and domestic partners as well as other Partnership working groups in mobilizing financial, technical and logistic support for different activities; and
b) Synthesize comments from partners and provide comments as required by MARD and partners
4. Working as the Management Unit of the Trust Fund for Forests (TFF)
a) Undertaking procedures to receive funding from international donors;
b) Implementing management activities of TFF;
- Develop and submit the annual work plan and financial plan of TFF to the Board of Directors (BOD) for endorsement.
- Review and issue “No objection letter” for annual work plans and financial plans submitted by TFF grant recipients prior to submit to BOD for approval;
- Inform recipients about annual work plans and financial plans after getting the approval of MARD.
- Report on TFF management and utilization periodically to the BOD, MARD, relevant departments and donors.
- Undertake TFF financial operations.
- Provide guidance on project proposal application and design.
- Conduct supervision, monitoring and evaluation of projects operated by recipients.
- Develop TFF evaluation criteria appropriate to TFF requirements and MARD orientations over a certain period of time.
c) Implementing operational activities of TFF
- Organize training courses for the TFF management unit staff and those staff working for recipients/ organizations.
- Develop Project Implementation Manual (PIM) for recipients.
- Prepare and sign grant agreements, and transfer funding support to recipients.
- Conduct monitoring of project management and operations and checking of reports submitted by recipients.
d) Serve as the Secretariat to the TFF Board of Directors (BOD)
- Provide information on the TFF, its operations and progress reports.
- Prepare the BOD meeting agenda.
- Delegate a representative (not a voting member) to BOD meetings.
- Draft BOD meeting minutes to submit to the BOD chairperson for approval and circulation to all BOD members.
5. Effective management and utilization of the FSSP CO financial sources and assets for better implementation of Forest Sector Support Partnership (FSSP) operations.
6. Reporting results achieved in implementation of FSSP activities to the Partnership Steering Committee (PSC).
Article 3: Organizational structure of the Forest Sector Support Partnership Coordination Office (FSSP CO)
1. The Director General of the Forestry Department holds the post of the Director of FSSP CO (part – time) is accountable to the MARD Minister and the PSC Chairmen for FSSP CO operations. Supporting FSSP CO operations, there is a full time Deputy Director cum Secretary to the Partnership Steering Committee working out the tasks assigned by MARD Minister.
2. Supporting units:
a) Forestry Unit;
b) Monitoring and Information Unit;
c) TFF Management Unit; and
d) Administration Unit (Secretary, Translator, and Accountant).
Total number of officers, staff and advisers is 15.
3. Some of the personnel are seconded from MARD to support the FSSP CO on TFF management.
Article 4: Assigning the FSSP CO Director to develop and submit the FSSP CO Operational Regulations to FSSP Chairmen for approval.
Article 5: This Decision takes effect as of its signing date. Abrogating Articles 2 and 3 in the Decision 951/ QD – BNN – TCCB, dated 21 March 2002, by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development on establishment of the Forest Sector Support Program Coordination Office; the Decision 4740/ QD – BNN – LN, dated 21 December 2004, by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development on assigning the Forest Sector Support Program Coordination Office to take responsibility for receipt, management and operation of the Trust Fund for Forests.
Article 6: The Chief of the MARD Office, the Directors of the Personnel and Organization Department, Forestry Department, Forest Sector Support Partnership Coordination Office, and the heads of relevant agencies under MARD shall have to implement this Decision./.
Minister of Agriculture and
[signed and sealed]
Cao Duc Phat